Margaret Grisdela is the president and founder of Legal Expert Connections, Inc., a national legal marketing agency concentrating on legal marketing and business development campaigns. She has helped more than 180 law firms in 39 states launch marketing programs focused on the hiring process for outside defense counsel at insurance companies, corporations, and municipalities.
Ms. Grisdela has personally sold millions of dollars worth of professional services in the legal and accounting markets, and knows what it takes to attract and retain new clients. She has in-depth knowledge of attorney advertising guidelines, including how to develop Bar-compliant marketing campaigns.
She is the author of “Courting Your Clients: The Essential Guide to Legal Marketing.” The book outlines a clearly defined process to help law firms attract qualified prospects and retain existing clients through marketing communications programs designed to increase firm profitability.
Career highlights include:
- Former President and Co-Founder of Clientize.com Inc., an Internet marketing firm based in Boca Raton, Florida. Services included online surveys, search engine marketing and enewsletters.
- Vice President for Internet Financial Network, an online financial news service based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Ms. Grisdela created a real-time news wire based on a live EDGAR feed of SEC public company filings. This “IFN Instant News” product won a “Hot Shots” award from The Information Industry Association in 1997.
- Vice President, Editorial for the F.W. Dodge unit of McGraw-Hill, with responsibility for a staff of 500 reporters generating thousands of construction news stories every day. Based in McGraw-Hill’s New York City headquarters.
- Executive Vice President, Operations for Disclosure, Inc. in Bethesda, Maryland. Responsible for the collection of every SEC filing in paper format (pre-EDGAR) to fulfill a U.S. Securities & Exchange Commission contract for the production of archival microfiche. Documents were indexed, filmed, digitized, databased and distributed to leading Wall Street investment banks, law firms, libraries and corporations.
- President of Charles E. Simon & Company, a Washington D.C.-based research firm specializing in the research and retrieval of SEC and court filings for attorneys, investment bankers and librarians.
Ms. Grisdela served as a co-chair of the Legal Marketing Association’s South Florida City Group in 2008 and president of the Florida Direct Marketing Association in 2005. She is a founder and former six-year Board Member of the South Florida Technology Alliance.
She holds an undergraduate degree from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan and an MBA in Finance from The George Washington University in Washington, D.C.
Contact her via email or at 1-866-417-7025.